12-month Limited Warranty
All Voltion products are covered by a limited warranty against manufacturing defects for a period of one year (12 months) from the day the scooter is delivered to the customer. This limited warranty coverage is only applicable under the following conditions:
- Only the original purchaser (name on the shipping address) is entitled to the limited warranty coverage which begins on the day the customer receives the scooter. The warranty period ends on the first day of the second year of ownership, or when the scooter is resold or transferred to another person (under no circumstances is the warranty transferable).
- The limited warranty only applies to the following components:
– Lithium Ion Battery
– LED lights
– Display & Wiring
- The warranty also applies to the following components only if defects are reported within the first 30 days or 10 km of use (whichever happens first):
– Shock absorbers
If the defect is not reported within this time period, the components will not be covered by the warranty. Therefore, customers must purchase the replacement parts on the website and pay for shipping costs.
All defects must be reported to email@example.com specifying the name and address of the customer and including, in addition to the description of the defect, a picture or video showing the defect. When a defective component is reported and validated by Voltion’s engineering team, the user will be able to choose between:
– Sending the scooter for repair to a Voltion service centre (labour included).
– Receiving the new component and replace the defective one following the detailed instructions of our technical service department (free shipping and spare part included).
IT IS AT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE DISCRETION OF VOLTION’S ENGINEERING TEAM TO DETERMINE WHETHER ANY MAJOR COMPONENT OR SCOOTER IS DEFECTIVE AND WHETHER IT IS COVERED BY THE LIMITED WARRANTY.
The Limited Warranty does not cover the following:
- Wear and tear of any component
- The cost or shipping of a new box for the scooter since it is the owner’s responsibility to keep the original box or to purchase a new box in the event that the product needs to be returned for repair.
- Damages or defects caused by negligence, improper assembly, modifications, accidents, misuse, improper tools, acts of God, failure to follow user manual/setup guides, water damage, improper cleaning solutions, improper maintenance (e.g., winter storage), extreme driving/stunts, commercial use, unauthorized accessories, upgrades not sold by Voltion Global B.V.
- Unofficial accessories and upgrades
- Screws, lost screws, defects in the screw head or thread due to excessive tightening force.
- Battery failure due to water damage, improper charging, power surges, use of unofficial replacement chargers or improper winter storage (75% of battery capacity at room temperature).
- Repairs at unofficial locations or the use of non-original parts will not be covered if damages, failure or loss occurs.
- Any type of reimbursement or cost incurred such as travel on transport apps or public transportation that results in loss of time, consequential, special, punitive or accidental losses, damage to personal property, etc.
- Any product that is rusty, with imperfections, loss of colour due to long exposure to the sun.
- Any order that has received a chargeback and is currently under investigation (the warranty will be void until the chargeback is resolved).
Please note that any form of harassment or aggression towards Voltion staff or any of our certified technicians will not be tolerated and will result in immediate cancellation of the warranty.
VOLTION WILL NOT ACTIVATE PRODUCT WARRANTY PROTOCOLS WITHOUT FIRST RECEIVING A VIDEO OR PICTURE THAT CLEARLY DEMONSTRATES THE DEFECT FOR WHICH THE CLAIM WAS INITIATED.
In order to efficiently and effectively assist you with your claim, you must proceed as follows:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the problem. After a thorough review our team of engineers will contact you within 24 hours.
- If the Engineering team determines that a component is defective and needs to be replaced without the need to send the equipment back to us, we will send you, along with the replacement part, detailed instructions or a video explaining how to replace it.
If you do not feel comfortable or do not have the time to repair it yourself, you can contact one of our repair centres (labour included). However, the customer will be responsible for shipping costs, taxes and obtaining suitable packaging if he/she did not keep the original one. If they wish to do so, customers can deliver the scooter to the repair centre. Please contact us to find the nearest centre to your location.
Please note that if you encounter a manufacturing defect after 30 days of purchase or within the first 10km (whichever happens first), Voltion will not replace the scooter with a new unit. Please be assured that Voltion will cover the defective parts and provide detailed replacement instructions that will return the scooter to safe driving conditions.
In the event that your unit is replaced, please note that the warranty coverage period will not be extended, but will be transferred to the replacement unit and will end 1 year after delivery of the original scooter.
THE ABOVE REMEDIES ARE VOLTION’S SOLE RECOURSES FOR ANY MANUFACTURING CLAIMS UNDER THE LIMITED WARRANTY. VOLTION IS NOT LIABLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES INCURRED DURING THIS PROCESS.
If the scooter is lost or damaged during shipment, Voltion will be responsible for filing a claim with the carrier who will be fully responsible for loss or damages in accordance with its claims policy.
Please send an email to email@example.com to learn more about the complaint policies of our logistics provider.
Before purchasing one of our scooters, we ask all our customers to take the time to read and understand in detail the maintenance needs required by our products. Electric scooters always require tightening of screws, cleaning and drying to avoid rust and squeaky brakes and, above all, proper storage in winter. Our technical team will always be available to help you if you have any questions about maintenance. In all cases we prefer you to consult us before doing anything yourself. We would also kindly ask you to keep the scooter box as, in case you need any repairs or maintenance in the future and need to send the equipment back to us, the packaging is essential to ensure that it arrives in perfect condition.
If your order is incomplete or incorrect (an accessory is missing or the wrong scooter was sent), please send a message to our team within 10 business days after receiving the product for a free replacement. Disclaimer: It is extremely important to note that if the accessory or scooter is used within those 10 business days, Voltion will not be able to replace the product but will offer you a refund equal to the items received. For any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.